Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Patience? Easier said than done...

Well, I still haven't heard anything from my 2nd interview. The hardest part on God's timing...is waiting!! You know, it's so easy to tell someone else going through a rough spot to just hang on and wait for the Lord to move and step in...but goodness. Actually putting it into practice, is a whole lot more difficult. I'll tell you - I've seen more than enough how amazing He is, but for some reason, I still find it hard to be patient and wait. Why is that? Either postive or negative, I just want to know what steps I need to take next. But, the waiting will continue. And I'm trying to be okay with that. Without Ean's arms and words of encouragement and him telling me how much he believes in me...I would so...be in trouble. Baby, you're such a blessing. I love you!!!

Anyway. In other news - I stayed home sick from work today. Slight fever, migraine and other issues. Peyton loved it. He cuddled with me the entire day. He wouldn't let me out of his sight. Cooper on the other hand escaped the fence three times. Yes, he's turning into Kisses, Shana. I did make a slight improvement on our fence structure. There was one particular part that he could squeeze under. So I went into the garage and found some ramdom PVC pipes at just the right length...and hammered them into the fence and the ground. It seems to have worked. Coop got REAL frustrated when I let him out. He tried to dig a little but gave up pretty quick. Then when Ean got home - he realized that Cadence is digging under the fence in the far corner. So he is working on fixing that. My beautiful Peyton is the only one night digging or escaping. :-)

Ok, I had some verses I wanted to share, but the Ambien that is so kind to help me sleep has started kicking in and I don't want to say random things...So anyway. So instead I will pose a question to the one or two at the most that read this.....

What is the most challenging situation you've been in where you've been forced to rely solely on God's timing? How did you trust in Him Goodness? How did you make it through without going crazy and starting to doubt?

Just need some encouragement. Thanks!! Much Love - Melissa

2 comments:

The Sawyers said...

Basically I just stay focused on the big picture and pray that I will keep an eternal mindset through it all. God is so complex to us in our human minds, and while that is hard most of the time, I find comfort in that knowing that He is everything. It's not about me or you...it's about bringing glory to Him. Staying focused on His glory makes the things that drive me crazy seem so small and that helps me deal with it and not doubt. I find comfort in knowing that God knows eveything and I don't-and that is why things don't always happen in our timing. Okay-sorry if this doesn't make sense but I can totally explain this better if I'm not typing so give me a call if you need more encouragement of more of an explanation. Hang in there-Love ya!

Melissa said...

I think the more I am in God's word the easier it is to believe in His goodness and timing. At one point before I was married to Andy, I was ready to move to SC because they were hiring 900 teachers. At this time in my life I was in the word more than I ever had been and although the prospect of getting a job there was extremely high if I moved I felt led to stay. This meant trusting in the Lord to care for me because I did not have any job prospects in Indiana. Well I trusted in the Lord and boy did He bless me! I think Shana is right, if you keep your eyes on the bigger picture and trust in Him, God will provide! Hang in there, I am sorry. I am also desperately trying to find a job. Money is tight and although I want to stay at home with the boys I know I need to help out if possible.