Monday, September 27, 2010

How my life has changed...

9 weeks ago, the most beautiful baby girl in the entire world graced us with her presence. Since then, my life has changed more than I could have ever imagined - all for the better! I'd like to take a few minutes and share a couple of things...Hope you don't mind. :)

1. Sleep...ha. What sleep? I used to love sleep...but now, I've just accepted that it's not going to happen for awhile now. Granted, she does sleep pretty well at night and naps pretty well throughout the day...and Ean will take a turn at night so I can keep sleeping....But nonetheless - I don't sleep NEAR as much as I used to. But you know, there's something about her sweet cry and her sweeter still smile that makes it alright. I mean, if I have to be awake....There's nothing I'd rather see!

2. Football. Those of you who know me know that football is my thing. I have been known to skip get events if I knew they were going to interfere with the Colts game...I mean, I've named my dogs after the Manning family after all! (Peyton and Cooper - no Eli yet...YET...haha) Anyway...Just a week ago, there was a game like none other...a game that I would have (in the past) watched from kickoff till the last second ticked off with NO INTERRUPTION. Yes, I am talking about the Manning Bowl. Giants v. Colts. It doesn't get much better! But do you know...I gladly left my post on the couch to give my baby girl a bath. And do you know, I never once thought, "Man, I wonder what's going on in the game??" The only thing I could think was, "How lucky am I?"

3. Mornings. I hated mornings. With fervent passion. As previously mentioned, I valued sleep...Mornings and sleep hate each other and I sided with sleep. But now? Morning snuggle time. Gabby usually wakes up anywhere from 5a-7a, ready for a bottle. When it's my turn to take her, I come out to the living room, plop myself on the couch next to Mr. Peyton and feed baby girl. Then comes my favorite part...The post-bottle good mood. :) Gabby is always happy and wide awake after her morning bottle. So we snuggle, we talk to each other, we play...whatever the mood strikes, we do it. She giggles, she smiles and my heart melts.

4. Spit happens. What can I say? I have now come to the conclusion that she's gonna spit...it's gonna go everywhere...and there's nothing I can do about that. Yesterday when we were trying to get ready for church - we had JUST put her dress on - and BAM. Spit up. So, we changed her into a different dress and we're good to go. The other day, she had some projectile spit up...and it covered me. Ha. 9 weeks ago, that would have completely grossed me out. Now...the first thought in my mind was, "My poor baby!!" so yeah....Spit happens. Nothin' you can do but clean it up and move on.

5. Priorities. This is the biggest and more important change for me. My priorities have completely shifted - as well they should have. My needs, my wants...they are dwarfed compared to Gabriella's. I am content with wearing last season's clothes if it means I can get something for her that she needs. I can wait another hour to eat if she's awake and wants to play. what I watch on TV has changed because her little ears don't need to hear certain things. The things I listen to in the car have changed for the same reason. I would give the beating heart from my chest to spare this little girl from pain or suffering.

Well, this isn't really even the tip of the iceberg...But Gabby is asleep again...and I do miss sleep a bit...so, I think it's time for me to sneak in a nap. :)

"Thank You, Lord, for blessing us with this precious gift. She has enriched our lives SO much and we are grateful. I pray that, in time, she will come to know You and will serve You all the days of her life. Amen."


Irresistible little smile!


Getting ready for church!



Snuggle!!!



1 comment:

rjweaver10 said...

Mel. that is precious!